1. Fresh guacamole made right in front of me.
2. So many good people I get to be friends with. This is one way my life is filled with the glory of God. I’ve been blessed to cherish and be cherished by men and women who do things like give away SUVs to families in need.
An interesting thing about good folks is that simply knowing them is enough to make a person feel grateful.
4. Sunroofs. If you have one, try this: next time it rains, park the car, sit inside with the shade pulled back, and look straight up at the rain as it falls on the glass of the sunroof. It will freak your mind.
5. A totally unexpected and meaningful compliment. You know – one of those rare statements about who you are, as opposed to what you have or how you look.
6. Couples that save most of their displays of affection for private moments. I’m easily grossed out, I guess.
7. Neighborhoods that feel alive. Even an introvert like me has a preference for living in an area where people actually can be seen walking out of the house and down the street to grab dinner, attend a community event, or just play outside.
8. Almond milk. Goes great with cereal or in smoothies.
9. The mere possibility of writing a song. I’m kind of in love with the phenomenon of songwriting, and even during periods when I’m not being productive as a writer, I can’t help feeling fascinated by the idea of creating a song where there was no song before.
10. Precise V5 Rolling Ball Extra Fine Ink Pens manufactured by Pilot. This is the only pen I buy, and it is perfect. I usually carry a black one, and for some reason, I like using the green ones when I work on song lyrics.