1. A wedding where you are asked to make a musical contribution by standing on stage simply to worship God. Mr. and Mrs. Clint Fields don’t realize the gift they gave by allowing a handful of us to have that experience.
2. Friends who shoot with Canon cameras and allow me to try out their gear to figure what I should buy for my own collection.
3. The falafel at Kalamata’s restaurant. Turns out I don’t have to go all the way to NYC to find good falafel. Caleb and Emily Weeks will be rewarded in heaven for revealing this to me.
4. People who are in their own world, totally groovin’ to the music in their car at a red light. Greatest thing I’ve ever seen.
5. Maggie Moo’s Ice Cream. I have realized that if my Maggie Moo’s cone were to somehow fall to the ground, I would cry worse than a small child.
6. An instance of God speaking an answer to a prayer while I was still forming the words of the prayer.
7. Senior citizens, internationals, and kids. I realized a long time ago that these three groups enrich life. Unfortunately, I’m hardly connected to them these days.
8. Giant cookies. What can I say – I’m a cookie monster.
9. People I’ve known since elementary school and am still connected to. I grew up in the same town from kindergarten through high school, and I think it’s rare and really swell to have friendships that are so old.
10. The weird, almost panicky, heart-skips-a-beat feeling that comes when looking into a camera and suddenly seeing a good picture. The moment could change and be lost in a flash, so a fella has to be ready. And sometimes lucky.