1. The 2009 Crimson Tide Football Season DVD Collection. This was just given to me as a gift, and it will surely help when I start going through withdrawals during the long off season.
2. Relationship. I believe the enduring things in life happen in the context of relationships with the people we know. For this reason, my great appreciation for relationship has become even deeper in recent years.
3. Taco Mamacita. Craving this food now; will probably indulge this weekend.
4. Ella Fitzgerald. It seems silly to even make a comment here about how amazing she was. But I will say she blew me away with her Cole Porter Songbook and Best of Gershwin Songbook recordings. As a songwriter, I can’t even imagine what it’s like to hear what such a singer does with a melody and lyric you wrote.
5. A random text message from Shannon Earle. My colleague and friend texted me randomly from North Carolina yesterday just to bring a smile to me. Her timing was perfect.
6. Hot water in a coffee cup. You may have seen me order this at restaurants (to the confusion of many servers) and wrap my hands around it for the heat. I adopted this practice in college because my hands are always cold.
7. Car repair. I had the mechanic work on my car, and as an inexpensive bonus, he wound up fixing something I assumed would’ve cost me a fortune.
8. Pay Day. It has been too long since the last one.
9. Moves that bring friends close. I seem to be having a run of good luck whereby friends move away due to job opportunities but wind up moving back!
10. Handwritten notes – I’m glad to be able to write them to offer encouragement or to say thank you.